The Drake Horn Studio
The Drake University Horn Studio is made up of a diverse group of students united by their common love for the horn.
“My goal for my students is that they be able to say whatever they want to say on their horn – bringing together the whole package of a mental, physical, and instinctive approach.”
Guinevere McIntyre, Drake Teaching Artist in Horn
Along with private lessons, music majors meet for weekly studio classes which cover technique and listening, orchestral repertoire for horn and playing as a cohesive section, mock auditions with faculty judges, and horn ensemble music. Music minors and non-major participants are always welcome to participate.
Performance opportunities for Drake horn players abound, with orchestra, 2 bands, and chamber ensembles. In addition to solo and studio recitals, students have the opportunity to perform for their peers in monthly departmental recitals.
Last 30 Posts
- 2017 Iowa All-State Preparation Clinic (2016-09-21)
- Faculty Chamber Music Concert (2016-09-21)
- Great first Bulldog Horn Day! (2016-09-21)
- Thank you Maria! The Serkin Master Class (2016-09-21)
- Bulldog Horn Day 2016/2017 (2016-09-21)
- Master Class: Maria Serkin UNCSA (2016-09-21)
- All-State Audition Prep Clinic (2016-09-21)