Bulldog Horn Day
Drake University Saturday, February 3
An all-day clinic for high school french horn students
Horn students will dig into all facets of becoming a better player with exercises and technique tips, an opportunity for solo performance in a master class, and horn ensemble rehearsals culminating in the Bulldog Horn Concert in the Turner Jazz Center. Drake University Teaching Artist in Horn Guinevere McIntyre will lead the clinic.
New this year: Bulldog Horn Soloist Competition
The Bulldog Horn Soloist Competition, open to participants of Bulldog Horn Day. $100 award to winner. The first round is electronically submitted recordings, from which 3 finalists will be selected. The final round is a performance on the Bulldog Horn Concert. The deadline for submitting recordings is January 1, 2018. Finalists will be notified by January 10. Accompanist supplied if needed.
- 9:30 a.m. Registration/Sign-in, main lobby of the Harmon Fine Arts Center
- 10:00 a.m. Warm-ups and Technique
- 10:30 a.m. Horn Ensemble Rehearsal
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch (provided)
- 1:00 p.m. Master Class
- 2:00 p.m. Horn Ensemble Rehearsal
- 3:00 p.m. Tour of the Harmon Fine Arts Center and Q/A session with Drake horn students.
- 4:30 p.m. Final Concert with Bulldog Horn Day Ensemble and Guinevere McIntyre in the Turner Jazz Center
Bulldog Horn Day is free and open to high school students.
The Final Concert is free and open to the public.
Pre-registration is encouraged to aid in lunch planning, but not required.
All activities of Bulldog Horn Day will take place in the Harmon Fine Arts Center, located on the Drake University campus.
Questions? Contact Guinevere McIntyre at email@example.com.